Long on ideas for nail art but short on the polish? No worries, these nail designs don’t need any more than two different colors, and most of them can be done with only one. As long as you have a bottle of black polish, you have plenty of options. Many of these designs will be easier to do if you have a toothpick for the more delicate designs.
- Solid. Pain your nails solid black. This is the easiest design and will take the shortest amount of time to complete.
- Zig Zag. Add a bit of zest to your nails with zig zags. Use a toothpick dipped in nail polish to get this look. You can either use one fine line, or put in two lines and fill in the empty space for thicker lines.
- Zebra Stripes. Take a walk on the wild side while still keeping it understated. Paint your nails solid white and paint black zebra stripes vertically down your nail.
- Cheetah Spots. This can be done on a variety of backgrounds. You can use tan, yellow, white, or even leave it blank.
- Black on Black. Use a matte black base coat and paint the second layer over it with a glossy top coat also in black. The simple, solid look can be taken from work to a party, while still adding a unique touch with texture. Play with a few substances, including eye shadow and cornstarch. Make your own cornstarch matte polish by mixing equal parts cornstarch and your chosen color of nail polish into a small plastic cup, such as a milk jug lid. You can also buy nail polish that has a matte finish, but it can get pricey. You can add a subtle touch of flair by painting intricate designs on top of the matte layer with the same color in a traditional finish.
- Add a third layer to the mix. Make your artwork really stand out by adding another layer between the top and the base coat. Use a bright bold color such as red or gold and draw a simple design before adding the stripes. A simple design works best, using only one color. A heart or a streak of lightening would be a great design to use. For the lop layer, keep it simple, perhaps using polka dots or thin lines. For a fun twist on this, make your chosen picture black and use light blue polish for the fine lines. This will make your nails look like notebook paper.
- Seal with glitter. Many designs will last longer if you add a clear top coat on top. Instead of the traditional clear coat, use clear polish with sparkles in it and paint over the design. You can use silver or gold sparkles, but a colorful glitter polish will really stand out over the black nail polish.
- Add nail decals. Nail stickers are cheap and easy to come by. They add a touch of pizzazz to any design. Follow the instructions that come with the decals and apply them over the black base coat.
- Use Rhinestones to embellish. Use a cuticle pusher and clear nail polish to apply the rhinestones where desired. Apply the rhinestone after about twenty seconds after applying the base coat so that the polish is still sticky. This will cement the stone and help it stick better. While you can use white rhinestones, black rhinestones will give it a very intriguing look.
- Ladybugs. This is a great look for spring, even if you are just working outside in your garden. Paint your entire nail red. Then, once it is dry, Paint the tip black, and add a black line down the middle using a toothpick. Add dots on both sides of the line.
- Music notes. Show off your love of music and nail art simultaneously by drawing a music staff on your nails. Then add notes.
- Tuxedo. Feeling fancy? Draw tiny tuxedo designs on your nails. You’ll be the envy of evey aristocrat you know.
- Mustaches. If you liked doing nail art before it was cool, then this is the look for you. On the tip of your nail, outline a mustache. Then, fill it in. On a plain nail this will really stand out.
- Checkerboard. Paint your entire nail white. Use black nail polish to to add the squares to make the checkerboard pattern. You can use other colors in place of white. Red would look particularly stricking.
- Crisscross. Paint your entire nail black. Using a toothpick and white nailpolish, draw a tic tac toe board that has more than nine empty spaces. You can make them uneven. The more irregular the pattern, the more interesting it will look.
- Diagonal. Divide your nail into two equal parts diagonally down the middle. Paint one side black, and use a contrasting color on the other half. A neon color would work really well with the black, but any color you have around will work well. That is the beauty of black, it goes with everything.
- Quarters. Divide your nail in half and then divide each half in half again. Paint at least one quarter black and then paint the other quadrants another color. You can use up to four colors, including the black.
- Spirals. Use a toothpick to draw black spirals on your nail. Use a white base.
- Add a flower. You can either use a sticker, or use a toothpick to draw on your own. To do this, use one color for the middle dot, and use another color and put six drops around the middle.
- Dominoes. The perfect look for a casual game night and easy to do. Once again, you will use a toothpick to put on the finer details. Paint your nails with a black base, and use white to put on the decorations. Or, if you would prefer, you can use other colors such as primary colors. You can even alternate colors on each nails. Draw a line horizontally across your nails halfway down, and put the dots in patterns that would be on a dominoe. Use different nubers on each finger.
Red means sexy, emotions, and more feminine while black means mystery and cool. They are popular pairs of colors in nail art ideas for some hot women. Today, there are lots of stylish red and black nail designs for you to choose in this post. You will find red and black polish can create many themed nail arts, like animal prints, chevron prints, ombre colors and more. Please go through this hottest collection and choose your favorite rock nails with red and black polish for the season. Enjoy!
- Ombre Red and Black Nail Design
- Red and Black Chevron Nail Design
- Matte Red and Black Nail Art
- Red & Black Silver Striped Nail Design
- Red and Black French Tip Nail Design
- Black Nails with Red Glitter Coating
- Bloddy Red and Black Nail with White Floral Prints
- Red and Black with Silver Glitter
- Red and Black Striped Nail Design
- Black & Red Ombre Nail Design
- Black And Red Nail Design With Gold Details
- Red and Black Nail Design with Hearts and Dots
- Red And Black Baroque Nail Design
- Black Nails with Red Glitter Flakes
- White Shoelace on Black and Red Nails
- Swirl Red and Black Nail Design
- Red and Black Half Moon Nail Accented with Gold Details
- Black Trees on Red Base Nail Design
- Black Spiderweb on Red Nails
- Red and Black Nails with Dots
- Red and Black Ombre Nail Art Design
- Red and Black French Nails with Glitter
- Glittery Red and Black Nail Art Design
- Rose and Dots Nail Design
- Red and Black Tipped Nail with Black Rose
- Heart Accent Nail Art Design
- Red and Black Needle Drag Nail Design
- Black Widow Spider Textured Nail Art
- Gothic Black and Red Glitter Nail Art
- Black and Red Striped Nails
- Red Rose and Glitter Nail Design Ideas
- Heart Shaped Black and Red Valentine’s Nail Design
- Freehand Cloud Nail Design
- Black Base Nails with Dark Red Glitter
- Black and Red Plaid Print Nail
- Vampy French Red and Black Nails
- Black and Red Rose Nail Art Design
- Striping & Strass Nail Art
- Red Flakes on Matte Balck Base Nails
- Black with Red Roses Manicure
- Black Hearts & Negative Space Stiletto Nails
- All Black Stiletto Nails with Studs
- Black French Tips Nail Design
- Silver Glitter on Black Nails
- Black Background Nails with Colorful Sequins
- Black and Gold Glitter Nail Art
- Elegant Black Matte Nails with V-shaped Gold Embellishments on Top
- Black Lace Nail Design
- Silver Slivers on Black Background Nails
- Black and Silver Glitter Tipped French Nails
- Black Nails with Neon Dots On Top
- Neon Stripes On Black Base Nails
- Black Nail Art Design with Gold Stripes for Detail
- Patterned Black Nail Design
- Black Tipped Nail Design
- Glossy French Tips Design for Black Nails
Ombre Red and Black Nail Design
Red and Black Chevron Nail Design
Matte Red and Black Nail Art
Red & Black Silver Striped Nail Design
Red and Black French Tip Nail Design
Black Nails with Red Glitter Coating
Bloddy Red and Black Nail with White Floral Prints
Red and Black with Silver Glitter
Red and Black Striped Nail Design
Black & Red Ombre Nail Design
Black And Red Nail Design With Gold Details
Red and Black Nail Design with Hearts and Dots
Red And Black Baroque Nail Design
Black Nails with Red Glitter Flakes
White Shoelace on Black and Red Nails
Swirl Red and Black Nail Design
Red and Black Half Moon Nail Accented with Gold Details
Black Trees on Red Base Nail Design
Black Spiderweb on Red Nails
Red and Black Nails with Dots
Red and Black Ombre Nail Art Design
Red and Black French Nails with Glitter
Glittery Red and Black Nail Art Design
Rose and Dots Nail Design
Red and Black Tipped Nail with Black Rose
Heart Accent Nail Art Design
Red and Black Needle Drag Nail Design
Black Widow Spider Textured Nail Art
Get the DIY tutorial via Chalkboard Nails
Gothic Black and Red Glitter Nail Art
Black and Red Striped Nails
Red Rose and Glitter Nail Design Ideas
Heart Shaped Black and Red Valentine’s Nail Design
Freehand Cloud Nail Design
Black Base Nails with Dark Red Glitter
Black and Red Plaid Print Nail
Get the DIY tutorial via Lulus
Vampy French Red and Black Nails
Get the DIY tutorial via Nail Side
Black and Red Rose Nail Art Design
Striping & Strass Nail Art
Red Flakes on Matte Balck Base Nails
Black with Red Roses Manicure
Black is undoubtedly one of the most classic colors. Opting for a black inspired manicure is a classy and chic option when looking to make a fashion statement with your fingers. Black nails can suit just about every outfit and occasion that it is paired with. There are also hundreds of styles that you can choose from and incorporate your black themed nails. You can try some innovations on your black nails with the use of glitters, beads, or some different nail color to pair the base color.
Today in this post, we are going to show you a great collection of 25+ elegant black nail art designs. Take a look at these creative designs and get inspired for your next nail design idea. Let’s hit the trend now!
Black Hearts & Negative Space Stiletto Nails
All Black Stiletto Nails with Studs
Black French Tips Nail Design
Silver Glitter on Black Nails
Black Background Nails with Colorful Sequins
Black and Gold Glitter Nail Art
Elegant Black Matte Nails with V-shaped Gold Embellishments on Top
Black Lace Nail Design
Silver Slivers on Black Background Nails
Black and Silver Glitter Tipped French Nails
Black Nails with Neon Dots On Top
Neon Stripes On Black Base Nails
Black Nail Art Design with Gold Stripes for Detail
Patterned Black Nail Design
Black Tipped Nail Design
Glossy French Tips Design for Black Nails
A French manicure is a chic, polished, and timeless look. You can give your hands a Parisian flair without spending a fortune at the salon, since French tips are fairly easy to paint. Moreover, it’s a manicure that works well for both short and long nails; but if you’re hoping for a more dramatic look, a French manicure on stiletto nails it’s your best bet. Also, the tips don’t necessarily have to be white. You can paint the tips in another color or come up with a design to truly showcase your personality. We’ve gathered a few gorgeous looks to get you inspired.
The combination of white, pink, and black is one of our favorites. It will definitely help you stand out from the crowd.
Choosing to paint your tips in black and white gives the manicure a bit of an edge, and the flowers are just lovely.
Zebra style! If you’re looking for a classy manicure but you don’t want to settle for plain French tips, this is the way to go.
A funky tips design coupled with some glitter will certainly catch the eye of people around. Get ready to be showered with compliments!
You can always keep things simple, especially if you have a job that requires you to sport a business look. The oversized tips make this manicure look original, but still classy. Want to become a nail technician? check out this useful resource about nail tech schools and courses near you.
We’re obsessed with this combination of colors and polka dots. Perfect if you’re looking for a feminine and playful look.
When it comes to French tips, it’s OK to let your creativity shine. Combining different colors and designs can work, without making your manicure look too heavy. Case and point.
Nail accessories can be a girl’s best friend sometimes. Here’s a manicure hack: use the tip of a pencil eyeliner or lip pencil to place the accessories on your nail. This will allow you to grip the jewel from above and not mess up the design.
If you’re having trouble growing your nails, you can always use nail extensions. They’re fairly inexpensive (under $10) and they can last up to two weeks.
Choosing to highlight a single nail can be a wise decision, since accent nails give the manicure a bit of an edge. Plus, writing a special date on the nail, one that has some deep meaning for you, seems like a fun idea. Fair warning: people will ask you what the date symbolizes. Don’t do it unless you’re willing to explain.
The perfect manicure for a crazy night out. The combination of black and silver will never go out of style.
To make your job a bit easier when painting your nails, use French tip tape. You will end up with a picture perfect French manicure in no time. Alternatively, you can also use scotch tape or band-aids, to go the inexpensive route.
If you’re up for it, here’s a non-traditional French manicure that will surely turn heads. Painting a funky design is a bit trickier, but perfectly doable as long as you have a steady hand. Practice makes perfect!
A less challenging design and an awesome color combination. No one said you should only paint the tips if you’re after a polished look.
On the same note, colors don’t have to be limited to the tip. This is a more sophisticated, but ultimately fun look – and the silver accents really make the manicure pop.
Flowers again, but this time with little rhinestones attached. Precious!
A more subtle nod to the classic French tips, but still lovely. The gold lines are to die for.
A delicate design and a touch of glitter can do wonders for your nails. Here’s some solid proof.
Painting only one tip in a funkier color? Why not? Accent nails don’t have to be super-crazy to work. A single pop of color is enough to give your manicure a more whimsical feel.
Black, red, and some interesting details that make this manicure stick out.
Adding a touch of color to a classic manicure never hurt anyone, right?
The ombre trend is pretty hot right now, and it looks great on nails. If you’re after a polished look, you can’t go wrong with this.
Another great use of the accent nail. Plus, we’re particularly excited about the blue lines. All in all, a feminine and chic manicure.
Rhinestones may not be forever, but they can surely highlight an otherwise classic French tip manicure.
If you’re a fan of animal print, here’s a look that will certainly look good on you. The silver lines give the manicure a bit of sparkle, so it’s perfect for special occasions.
Glitter is all the rage nowadays. Add it to your French manicure and you will end up with a more spectacular design.
We love how the owner of these gorgeous nails used rhinestones and a compelling shade to create a beautiful and eye-catching manicure.
Stiletto nails + French tips = Perfection. Need we say more?
Black and silver, we meet again. Proof that there are no bounds to creativity when it comes to nail design.
You can keep things simple and still have amazing results. This manicure looks polished and classy.
A single nail accessory can make a huge difference. Especially if we’re talking about a bow. They’re charming.
Pretty in pink, with a funky pattern for a more unconventional look.
Stiletto nails again, this time with black and white tips. This type of nails really offers a lot of possibilities, since you have more nail surface to work with. Use it wisely.
Colors, colors everywhere! We’re not complaining.
Accent nails with a few colorful rhinestones attached? Yes, please!
Flowers are a popular choice when it comes to nail art. Here, we’re dealing with a more abstract design, which looks pretty glam in our humble opinion.
Adding a few stars to your French tips will make for an interesting manicure. Nail stickers can also work.
Glittery tips make another special appearance. We wholeheartedly approve.
Long nails = long tips. To keep your nails healthy, apply some moisturizer every day. Dry nails tend to crack and become brittle.
If you feel like getting fancy, try a similar nail design. It’s mesmerizing.
Another cute bow. Sheer elegance!
Is there such thing as too many nail accessories? We don’t think so.
Add some flair to your classic French manicure with a touch of color and a beautiful design.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur… If you’re a cat person, this is the perfect way to showcase your love for the furry creatures.
Black tips look particularly well on stiletto nails. If you’re jonesing for this look, schedule a visit to the salon. The nail artist will be able to give you plenty of useful tips on how to care for your manicure.
This shade of blue is perfection, and it really makes the white polka dots stand out.
As you can see, French tips are anything but boring. If the designs above made you want to get a French manicure yourself, we’ve also put together a short tutorial that will help you get amazing results. While going to a salon might be the easiest choice, with a bit of practice you can master the French manicure in the comfort of your own home. Here’s how.
First off, start with the basics. Remove old nail polish, from all the corners and cracks, even if you were only wearing a top coat. If you go the traditional French manicure way, other colors will be easily visible through the pale French mani polish, so you want to make sure your remove all traces of old polish. As a side note, acetone nail polish remover isn’t your best choice, since it can dry your nails. If you want to keep them healthy, opt for a nail polish remover without this damaging ingredient. Then, trim your nails into your preferred shape. Even though a French manicure looks best on long nails, you can get great results with short nails as well, as you’ve seen above. Next, it’s time to file your nails into your favorite shape – either give them a traditional crescent shape, or opt for a square or round shape. Remember to also use a nail buffer to buff the surface of your nails.
Now it’s time to pay some special attention to your cuticles. Start by placing your hands in a warm bowl of water where you added olive oil for a few minutes, to soften the cuticles. Dry your hands with a towel and use a cuticle pusher to push your cuticles back. Alternatively, you can also use an orange stick. If you have cuticle oil, massage them into your nails for some extra TLC.
You’re done with the prep portion, so it’s time to get down to business. Apply the base coat, which traditionally is clear, cream, or pale pink. For better results, do it like the pros: paint a stripe down the center of your nail, then to more stripes on the sides. Fill the nail using even strokes and paint from the cuticle to the tip. You can buy a French manicure set that has everything you need to create the perfect mani, or you can use whatever nail polish you have handy. The same goes for the colors – if you don’t want a traditional manicure, feel free to use whatever crazy shade you like. For more striking results though, make sure the base color is in contrast with the tip color. Allow the base to completely dry before applying a second coat.
Once you’re done with the base coat, move on to the tips. Your hands should be steady to avoid making a mess. Whether you want to paint white crescents on your nail tips or come up with a more creative design, you can use scotch tape for better results (especially if you’re not a pro at painting a straight line). Once you’ve painted the tips, use a nail polish remover pen for final touch-ups, if needed, or dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover. Finally, apply a clear top coat – your manicure will last longer this way.
Here are a few other nail hacks that will make the process easier:
- If you’re not a fan of scotch tape, you can use a rubber band to create the perfect French tips. Tie it in the middle and loop one end over your thumb to create tension on the band. Align the other end over the top of your nail to create the crescent-moon French tip shape.
- Do you want your nails to dry faster? Soak your nails in a bowl with ice and water after you paint them – the cold water will help the paint set faster. Or, you can spray nonstick cooking spray to your nails. Wait a couple of minutes and then wash the oily residue off.
- If you’re going for a mani that might get messy, consider lining your nails with petroleum jelly like Vaseline before painting them, for an easy cleanup. You will create a barrier between the polish and your skin which is easier to wipe out.
- Not a pro at nail art yet, but want to try a more dramatic design? Start small. Go for only one accent nail, usually the one on the ring finger. This will accentuate the rest of your French tips.
In the end, no matter what type of design you choose, your nails will look great. French manicures have always been fabulous, and we don’t see them falling out of style anytime soon. Plus, we’re talking about a mani that gives you a more feminine and polished look. You can never go wrong with that. Happy painting!