I’ve got a crazy, easy recipe for you today! This clean eating stupid simple rotisserie chicken recipe is so easy to make that I just like to call it “stupid simple”. Know what I mean? So simple that it’s almost stupid to talk about it. But talk about it I shall!!
Kitchen gadgets excite me. Kitchen supply stores are my favorite places on the planet. It’s just so fun to find new toys for the kitchen!! But this girl is on a budget, so I can’t just go buying appliances for every single thing I’d like to do in the kitchen. So I was overjoyed to discover that the toaster oven I purchased last year (affiliate link) has a rotisserie function!! I could hardly believe my eyes!! (And no, I obviously didn’t read the users manual.)
And it just so happened I had defrosted a whole chicken! So the timing of this discovery could not have been more perfect. I think I may have actually skipped from the toaster oven to the refrigerator. But we’ll keep that between you and me, mmmkay? Anyhoooooo…..
Since this was really my first time cooking a rotisserie chicken myself, I had to figure out a few things. Like how to get the chicken on the skewer and how to secure it there so it would rotate. I also had to figure out how to pin the chicken so that the legs didn’t flop all over the place while the chicken rotated in the rotisserie. It was a little adventure on a bright, sunny, Saturday morning. But I was up for it!
I kept the recipe stupid simple simply because it was my first time. In fact, I kept it so simple that a recipe really isn’t needed. But I’m going to give you one anyway because that’s what I do here. So please don’t expect a mile long list of ingredients because you won’t get one. In fact, I did this with two ingredients. Two.
Told you it was simple!!
- YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- CLEAN EATING STUPID SIMPLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN RECIPE:
- Convection Oven Roast Chicken (For Toaster Oven)
- Farberware Toaster Oven Air Fryer – Stainless Steel Construction
- Toaster Oven Air Fryer Features
- Safety Features
- When Using For The First Time
- How To Use The Toaster Oven with Air Fryer
- Warming Mode
- Accessories Included
- How To Cook French Fries Using The Air Frying Mode
- A Workhorse Toaster
- Toasters from the Future
- Bake a Cake in Your Toaster!
- A Name You Can Trust
- Air Fryer & Toaster Oven Cyber Monday Deals (2019): The Best Cuisinart, NuWave & Farberware Oven Deals Compared by Deal Stripe
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken So You Get Your Money’s Worth
- Whole Roasted Chicken
CLEAN EATING STUPID SIMPLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN RECIPE:
5 from 1 vote Clean Eating Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipe Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 2 hrs Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
Have a rotisserie at home? This simple recipe for rotisserie chicken is so easy, you’ll wonder if you actually cooked dinner!
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Yield: 1 chicken Author: The Gracious Pantry Ingredients
- 1 medium whole chicken (make sure the size fits your rotisserie!)
- dried, ground rosemary
Take your chicken out of it’s packaging. I like to rinse mine off in a slow stream of water (to avoid spraying chicken juice everywhere), but you don’t have to do this. It’s optional and some people advocate against it. The choice is yours.
Remove the neck and giblets from the center of the chicken if your chicken came with it. You can either discard them or make gravy with them.
Insert the skewer through the neck and butt of your chicken and attach the clamps that hold the chicken in place.
Using as much dried, ground rosemary as you like, rub it all over the chicken on both sides.
Place the chicken in the rotisserie and cook at 350 F. for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the chicken leg reads at least 165 F. (I like to check with the thermometer in a few places just to make sure it’s fully cooked everywhere.)
Remove the chicken from the rotisserie and place on a platter or flat work surface.
Remove the skewer and allow the bird to sit for about 10 minutes.
Carve as needed.
HINT: Save the carcass for making homemade chicken broth. If you can’t do it immediacy or within the next 3 days, transfer the cooled chicken carcass to a zipper-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition data not available for this recipe.
Convection Oven Roast Chicken (For Toaster Oven)
- Place the toaster oven rack to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F on the convection setting.
- Remove giblets and neck from cavity of chicken, reserve for another use or discard. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- Place a baking rack into the broiling pan (that is lined with foil) add 1/4 cup water to the pan and lightly spray the baking rack with cooking spray.
- Tuck the wings under and place the chicken on the baking rack pan. Clean work surface and hands with soap and hot water before continuing.
- Combine the salt and pepper. Rub half the mixture in the cavity of the chicken; then place the herb sprig(s), garlic halves, onion quarters and lemon zest in the cavity of the chicken.
- Loosely tie the legs together. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast at 400°F for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 375°F and continue to roast for an additional 12 minutes per pound longer.
- Considering my chicken was 5 lbs. I will roast it for 60 minutes. You will have to calculate the time according to your chicken’s weight by multiplying 12 minutes times the size per pound of your chicken.
- The Internal temperature of the chicken should be 170°F when tested in the breast, and 180°F when tested in the dark meat.
- Juices should run clear.
- Turn off oven and remove the chicken to a platter. Let stand 10 – 15 minutes before carving (may cover loosely with foil if desired, but skin will lose its crispness).
- Bon Appetit!
The Farberware toaster oven with air fryer bakes, warms, roasts, toasts and air fries.
A toaster with extra features that can help you make a complete meal does sound like a wonderful idea, right?
You get to cook all kinds of dishes with this one single versatile kitchen countertop appliance – the toaster oven with built-in air fryer.
Think roast chicken, fries, steak, chicken wings, pizza, and even baking a cake.
Yes, cooking wholesome food at home is easier with a multi functional cooking kitchen appliance such as the countertop air fryer toaster oven.
No oil splatters or a messy kitchen to clean up too.
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post but at no extra cost to you. The opinions are my own
Farberware Toaster Oven Air Fryer – Stainless Steel Construction
- Multi functions versatile kitchen appliance
- Preset cooking programs
- Adjustable cooking time and temperature
- Cooks fast with little to no preheating
- Healthy cooking – air frying mode cooks using rapidly flowing hot air with little to no oil needed
- Easy to clean
- Auto-shut off safety feature
- Dish washer safe accessories
- No interior light
- Learning curve
- No rotisserie function
Toaster Oven Air Fryer Features
- 7 preset functions – air fry, broil, convection broil, bake, convection bake, toast and warm
- Temperature ranges from 150°F – 450°F. (Different settings come with different ranges)
- Timer ranges from 1 – 120 minutes (Different settings come with different ranges)
- 4 upper heating elements and 2 lower heating elements
- LCD digital display
- Toast 6 slices of bread at the same time
- Cooking capacity of 22 L
- Auto shut-off – When timer reaches zero, the oven beeps 3 times. The LCD display turns off automatically and the appliance switches to standby mode
- Short power supply cord (to prevent tripping or getting entangled over a longer cord)
When Using For The First Time
- Switch to highest temperature
- Ensure glass door is opened
- Operate it for at least 15 minutes
- Then let appliance cool completely (about 30 minutes)
- Then only start using it for cooking food
Always use the appliance with the Crumb/Drip Tray and Cooking Basket/Cooking Rack/Cooking Pan
How To Use The Toaster Oven with Air Fryer
The oven comes with preset cooking programs and a digital LCD display.
However, you can still manually adjust the timer and temperature to suit your taste as well as the quantity of food ingredients used
Use the crumb tray under the lower heating elements
Do not overfill food in the basket. Food might not cook fully
Make sure food is not too close to top heating element
Place the oven at a minimum distance of at least 8″ away from walls or objects
Air Fry Mode
- Air frying uses the 4 upper heating elements only
- Turn function knob to air fry mode
- Press the time/temp button to activate it
- Turn the time/temp knob to your required temperature (150°F – 400°F) and cooking time (1 – 45 minutes)
- Press the start/cancel button to start cooking
- When air frying, the basket should be placed in the upper rail position
- When you turn the function knob to toast mode, the browning bar is displayed on the LCD screen.
- Turn the time/temp knob to your desired browning level (1 – 7)
- Press the time/temp button. Timer will then flash displaying 6 slices
- Turn the time/temp knob to select the number of slices you’re toasting
- Press the start/cancel button to start the toasting process
- The required time needed will now flash on the LCD display
- When toasting, the basket, pan or rack should be in the upper rail position.
- Toast up to a maximum of 6 slices at a time.
- Baking mode mainly uses the 2 lower heating elements. 2 upper heating elements may turn on to maintain the set baking temperature
- Turn function knob to bake mode
- Press time/temp button to activate the time/temp setting
- Turn the time/temp knob to required temp (150°F – 425°F) and cooking time (1 – 90 minutes)
- Press start/cancel knob to start baking
- When baking, the lower rail position is recommended
- Broiling mode uses 2 upper heating elements. However, the 2 lower heating elements will turn on when required to maintain the set temperature
- Turn function knob to broil mode
- Press time/temp button to activate the setting for the time/temp
- Turn time/temp knob to set the required cooking time (1 – 30 minute) and temperature (150°F – 400°F)
- Press the start/cancel button to start cooking
- When broiling, the upper rail position is recommended
Convection Broil Mode
- Convection broiling mode uses 2 upper heating elements. However, the 2 lower heating elements will turn on when required to maintain the set temperature
- Turn function knob to convection broil (broil with the fan icon)
- Activate the time/temp setting by pressing the time/temp button
- Turn time/temp knob to required cooking time (1 – 30 minutes) and temperature (150°F – 400°F)
- Press start/cancel button to start cooking process
- When doing convection bake or convection broil, you can use either upper or lower position
Convection Bake Mode
- As for convection baking, the 2 lower heating elements are used. The 2 upper heating elements will turn on if required to maintain the set temperature.
- Turn function knob to convection bake (bake with fan icon)
- Press time/temp button to activate setting
- Turn time/temp knob to set required cooking time (1 – 90 minutes) and cooking temperature (150°F – 425°F)
- When doing convection bake or convection broil, you can use either upper or lower position
- Warming mode uses the 2 lower heating elements
- Turn function knob to warm mode
- Press time/temp button to activate setting
- Turn time/temp knob to set the required cooking time (1 – 120 minutes). The temperature will show 150°F and this cannot be adjusted.
- Press the start/cancel button to start the warming process
- When warming food, use the lower rail position
Related Read : Oster Toaster Oven Air Fryer
It can be used for all programs
The basket (11.5″ x 10.5″) is used when air frying, toasting or warming food
The cooking rack can be used for all functions except when air frying
Used it for all functions except when air frying. It will fit in a 13″ x 9″ baking pan if you wish to use your own.
17.50″ L x 15.98″ W x 12.76″ H
2 years limited warranty for defects in workmanship or material
How To Cook French Fries Using The Air Frying Mode
- Cut the fresh potatoes into thinner size sticks
- Soak the cut potatoes in water for 30 minutes to remove excess potato starch
- Rinse and dry thoroughly
- Add a drizzle of oil to the cut potatoes
- Set temperature to highest setting (400°F)
- Place the potato sticks in a single layer in the cooking basket
- Flip the fries halfway through the cooking cycle for a more even browning
- For maximum crispy fries, do not exceed 1.2 lbs of sliced potatoes
The square frying basket offers more cooking space compared to round shaped basket as is common in dedicated air fryers.
With this versatile toaster oven air fryer, you won’t have to heat up your kitchen when doing baking. It cooks faster too compared to the big oven.
Simple to use and clean, it’s perfect for seniors or teens alike.
If you’re already toasting bread for breakfast, why not invest in the toaster oven with air fryer feature for more cooking options?
Farberware Toaster Oven Reviews
One of the handiest tools in any kitchen is a toaster oven. With the power, versatility, and practicality that they provide, it is no surprise why. Toaster oven’s give you the ability to create delicately crunchy dishes that you would otherwise need your oven for. The hype revolves around the fact that you do not need to rely on your oven for the same amount of power that your oven provides. Instead, a toaster oven offers you a mini source of baking power that it is as reliable as it is easy to use.
Toaster ovens are evolving. They have become full-fledged countertop ovens, capable of making a wide variety of meals, baked goods, snacks, even meats. Choosing the right toaster oven will bring versatility and convenience to your kitchen. The power, range and design of the newest toaster ovens will inspire you and your cooking!
Prepare to be shocked by what this counter top device will be able to do for you.
Too Much Choice Can Be a Bad Thing
You want to buy a toaster and are confronted by endless options. In a market overrun with selections, how do you choose the best items for your home?
Are the toasters out there really that different? Is one brand better across the board? Can your choice of a toaster really make a difference? In short, absolutely. Without research, you might end up buying a faulty, junky toaster that won’t last. You’ll be shopping for a toaster again in a year. Or less.
How do you know which one is going to the best choice? Read on to learn more.
A Workhorse Toaster
Instead of buying a basic pop-up toaster, or a simple toaster oven, you can buy a real workhorse. You can buy a toaster oven that will do so much more than just toast bread. You can buy a toaster oven from a maker you can trust that’s been making kitchenware and cookware for over 100 years. Farberware is just that kind of company. You can buy a Farberware toaster oven.
One such option to stay Farberware toaster oven. This toaster oven is packed with features and benefits that allow it to stand up against the rest of the toaster ovens on the market. In today’s article, we are going to go over the details that have allowed this toaster oven to rise in the ranks of best portable kitchen appliances. After reading, you are going to love the Farberware Toaster Oven too. Let’s get started.
Toasters from the Future
Farberware has raised the stakes with their Toaster Oven. It is light years beyond a regular toaster, and much more than a toaster oven as well! The Farberware appliance is well named — the Countertop Convection Oven. This device is literally a small and versatile oven. It is small enough to fit on your countertop, but with plenty of capacity to cook the dishes that would otherwise require the full-sized oven.
At 25-liter capacity, the appliance itself has a very manageable footprint — it isn’t going to take up tons of space in the kitchen. The utility and versatility of this tool far outweigh any size-related drawbacks. What you can do with this little oven will blow your mind.
Bake a Cake in Your Toaster!
As odd as that sounds, it is true! You can bake a cake, roast a chicken and cook two 12” pizzas in this toaster oven. Does that sound like a toaster to you? Clearly, the Farberware toaster oven is no basic toaster. It is a full-fledged oven, an addition to your kitchen cooking tools that you will put to excellent and immediate use.
One of the best things about toaster ovens in general is how quickly they heat up. They’re very efficient, especially for the average day-to-day needs. Not only does this unit heat up quickly, with its convection features and close heating elements, it roasts efficiently and quickly as well.
The 3 Best Things About the Farberware Toaster Oven
- Capacity. The Farberware Toaster Oven has a 25-liter capacity. You can toast a lot of bread in here!
- Multi-function. This toaster sports 5 cooking functions and a full temperature range.
- Warranty. The unit is sold with a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty.
What Does 25 liters mean? Is that Huge? Is it Tiny?
The 25-liter capacity translates to options. This oven will be useful at breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll use it for snacks for one, and for meals for the whole family. You might find your regular oven getting much less use!
In an oven this size you can roast meat (a medium-sized whole chicken fits on the rotisserie), you can cook 12” pizzas, bake frozen lasagna, defrost frozen items. You can reheat pot pies, or you can bake one from scratch. And of course, you can toast bread — the oven can toast 6 slices at once!
Gone are the days when you turn the big oven on just for toast, or to reheat something that the microwave will only make soggy.
How Many Functions Do I Really Need?
You might be surprised at how versatile your kitchen needs truly are. Do you bake? Do you roast? This multi-function oven can likely meet nearly all your cooking needs. This toaster oven can bake, broil, toast and roast. It has convection and rotisserie options. It is well-designed and well-equipped.
You can reheat leftovers, melt nachos. The kids can safely make an after-school snack without having to turn on the oven, or worse, use the burners. You’ll get a little peace of mind as a fringe benefit.
With all those different functions comes ease and variety in your cooking. Whether you’re cooking for 2, for a big family, paleo or gluten-free, this oven will meet you dish by dish at every task.
The Farberware toaster oven has a limited a 2-year manufacturer warranty. This is a product that the manufacturer is willing to stand behind. A lot can happen in two years. You’ll likely cook over 1000 meals in two years. The oven can take the heat, and Farberware will back it up.
You can be confident in an appliance that the maker will back through that kind of use. You can plan to have this appliance for years.
- 1Great Reasons to Buy a Farberware Toaster Oven
- 2It saves time. Turning on and heating up the Farberware toaster oven is much faster and easier than waiting for your big oven to heat up. It uses less energy as well. The convection technology cooks efficiently, evenly and rapidly. Cooking with this device will save time, energy, and a little money as well.
- 3Comfort. This is especially true in the summer months. Using the toaster oven doesn’t heat up the entire house the way the full-sized oven does. Being a countertop device, it is easy to access and easier to monitor.
- 4Range of uses. Like the multiple functions we describe above, this toaster oven is useful at any meal, for a wide variety of cooking methods. You can roast meats at low temperatures, starting at 150 degrees F, bake a variety of foods in the mid-range, or broil at high heat. The temperature range goes up to 450 degrees — enough to cook pizza!
- 5The 2-year limited warranty. Any product you rely on is an investment. A 2-year warranty protects that investment through hundreds and even thousands of meals and snacks. A 2-year limited warranty also gives you confidence that you’ve made a reliable choice that will serve you well.
- 6More efficient use of kitchen space. The footprint of the Farberware toaster oven is not much greater than that of a conventional toaster. You won’t need to keep that old, outdated appliance once you have this toaster oven. Trade them out!
A Name You Can Trust
Farberware has been around since 1899. The company started in New York and has been making trusted kitchen and cookware for well over 100 years. The name is well known and well-respected, and the company has stood the test of time.
Farberware has made many innovations in cooking technologies over the course of their history, including a “coffee robot” in the 1930s, the first electric rotisserie appliance, and the first stainless steel non-stick cookware material, backed by an astounding 20-year warranty.
The Farberware toaster oven is another great tool in a long line of kitchen and cooking innovations.
Are there any drawbacks to the toaster oven? The drawbacks to this product really depend on the kitchen where it will be used, and the type of cooking it will be used for.
If you do all of your cooking on the stove top, you might not get as much out of the toaster oven as some home cooks. If you use your oven at all, though, you will be amazed at how many dishes can be made in this appliance.
The biggest possible drawback is the size. The size of the footprint of you average basic toaster oven is usually around 16” wide x 13” deep and 9” high. This toaster oven is bigger at 19.5” wide x 16.5” deep x 13.5” high. It is bigger in every dimension. For some, this will compromise their available counter space.
Given the trade-off of what you will use the toaster oven to do, though, the loss of a few inches of counter space is worth what you will gain. What’s more, it is an attractive appliance. It delivers from a design standpoint. It is solidly crafted — made from stainless steel, with a glass door and a sturdy handle. You won’t mind having it on your countertop.
From a performance standpoint, this toaster oven delivers as well. It heats up quickly and holds temperature. The convection function moves heat evenly throughout the interior. The temperature range allows for versatile cooking. See below for technical specs and usage notes.
Back to Basics – Specs on the Farberware Toaster Oven
Not Just a Toaster Anymore
The world of toasters has expanded and changed greatly in the years since their invention. The pop-up toaster continues to be designed and manufactured, but the toaster oven has replaced that original in many homes. The toaster oven has been a game changer for many.
As I mentioned above, Farberware refers to this device as a Countertop Convection Oven. It sounds as though an engineer named it — and the name describes it perfectly. This small kitchen appliance is designed to sit on your countertop, it cooks like an oven, and it uses convection technology to circulate the heat.
The oven has a full range of functions — broil, toast and bake. The temperature range tops out at 450 degrees F. The timer runs up to 60 minutes and features a manual function (called “stay on”) that allows it to continue heating after the timer has ended.
Lots of hardware is included. The oven comes with 2 baking racks, a rotisserie spit and set, a drip pan and a crumb tray.
The oven weighs just 16 pounds and its precise dimensions are: 19.68″L x 16.53″W x 14.57″H. The inside dimensions are: 25 liters / .75 cubic feet or 11 ¾” x 12 ¼” x 8 ½”. This will accommodate a medium sized whole chicken (up to 5 pounds), 6 pieces of toast, two 12” pizzas, and so on.
It comes with a 2-year limited warranty as well.
More Oven Than Toaster
While the toaster oven function may be the least glamorous of the possible uses for this appliance, it is still a toaster, and it will still perfectly toast bread. You can check that off the list. But using the other functions is intuitive and easy, not just because of the approachable scale of the unit.
The dials and controls are easy to read and easy to adjust — a certain benefit if you plan to let the kids use it. The control panel has just three knobs — one for temperature, one for function and one for the timer. Making adjustments or setting the device is as easy as turning 3 knobs.
The interior has 3 heights of rails to adjust the rack height when cooking. The middle and bottom rails are best used for baking, while the top and middle rails provide best results for broiling. The rotisserie accessories are made to fit into holders in the middle rack.
The spit is ideal for roasting poultry and meats.
When you’re done, clean-up is easy. The accessories are dishwasher safe! The crumb tray protects the base of the unit and can easily be removed (once cool) for cleaning. The baking racks and spit set are the same.
If all of this is too much — more toaster than you need, Farberware also offers conventional pop-up toasters, in 2-slice and 4-slice versions.
Your New Farberware Toaster Oven Awaits You
You new toaster oven is out there. It is waiting to live in your kitchen. It’s waiting to toast bread perfectly. It’s waiting for you make use of its full array of cooking functions and to make your dinnertime preparations streamlined and more enjoyable.
The specs and features of the Farberware toaster oven will deliver. Use them as a high bar as you consider your options in making your purchase. Make your toaster oven work for your household!
We hope our helpful guide has allowed you to see this toaster oven as the high powered machine that it is. Have you ever used the Farberware toaster oven before, or do you own one? Let us know below about your experience with it. Plus, don’t forget to share this article with those who you think might benefit from such a great appliance.
Focus Keyword(s): Farberware Toaster OvenFeatured image via Amazon
Air Fryer & Toaster Oven Cyber Monday Deals (2019): The Best Cuisinart, NuWave & Farberware Oven Deals Compared by Deal Stripe
Best Air Fryer deals:
- Save up to 49% on a wide range of air fryers & toaster ovens at Walmart – check live prices on top-rated fryer oven brands such as Cuisinart, Ninja, Farberware, NuWave, Philips, Instant Vortex & more
- Save up to $127 on Farberware, Ninja, Philips, COSORI & more top-rated air fryers at Amazon – check live prices on top-selling brands including NuWave air fryers & Cuisinart toaster oven air fryers
- Save up to 64% on top-rated Philips air fryers at Amazon
- Save up to $91 on Ninja air fryers at Walmart
- Save up to $219 on top-rated Cuisinart air fryers & toaster ovens at Walmart
Cyber Monday sales run for a limited time. We recommend checking Amazon’s Cyber Monday deals page and Walmart’s Cyber Monday home page for their full range of live deals. Deal Stripe earns commissions from purchases made using the links provided.
Countertop air fryers have risen in popularity due to their touted health benefits and rapid cooking times. Since it fries food by circulating hot air at fast speeds similar to convection ovens and toasters, owners are able to reduce oil consumption as well as calorie intake. The most popular air fryer brands include Philips, Cuisinart, Ninja, NuWave, and Farberware, and each one provides several models with different features and programmable capabilities.
What does Cyber Monday bring to shoppers? Cyber Monday takes place on the Monday after Thanksgiving and was originally created to encourage online shopping after Black Friday’s doorbuster deals. Today, Cyber Monday typically marks the last day of many Black Friday offers and sees retailers offering more attractive online deals.
Mega retailers Amazon and Walmart garnered 82.5% of online sales made on Cyber Monday last year.
About Deal Stripe: Deal Stripe shares e-commerce and sales news. As an Amazon Associate Deal Stripe earns from qualifying purchases.
SOURCE Deal Stripe