- Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron Review
- Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Iron 19901 Review
- Should You Buy The Hamilton Beach Durathon 19901 Steam Iron?
- Best Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
- Our Promise to Readers
- Hamilton Beach 19800 Steam Iron Review
- Hamilton Beach Durathon Steam Iron Features
- Pros and Cons of Hamilton Beach Durathon Steam Iron
- Tips To Ensure Long Life of your Steam Iron
Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron Review
This post contains affiliate links for which I could earn some commission if you click and buy.
Some people do prefer a retractable cord iron because it is simply easier to store. There is no cord to mess with after you are done with the chore. Just one push of a button and the cord is neatly stored away unseen. Although retractable cord irons are available in the market, unfortunately, there are not many of them around. The Hamilton Beach Durathon digital iron is one of the few that deserves a second look.
Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Iron 19901 Review
The features of this iron include:
- Nonstick soleplate
- 3-way auto off
- Vertical steam
- Spray mist
- Steam blast
- Digital control panel
- Retractable cord
- Size: 12″ (D) by 5″ (W) by 6″ (H)
==> Check Price
The Durathon boasts of a soleplate that is 10 times more durable than its traditional nonstick counterpart as the video below shows. It has a superior glide with tough scratch-resistant durability that Hamilton Beach is confident enough to give buyers a 10-year limited warranty for the soleplate. It also has plenty of steam holes covering the soleplate to give it 40% more continuous steam power than its competitors.
Unlike most other steam irons, the Durathon also has digital controls rather than a thermostat knob for fabric selection and temperature settings. The panel is conveniently located at the top after the spray mist and steam blast buttons. The steam selection lever is at the front of the unit to give you variable steam output.
The cord length of this Hamilton Beach Durathon iron is about 8 feet. It can take in tap water but if the water in your area is extremely hard, alternating between distilled and tap water is recommended in the manual. The water tank capacity is about 10 ounces for this unit.
Bear in mind that there are a few models for the Durathon irons. The 19901 model is the one under review here. It is the most expensive of all Durathon irons at the time of writing. Other retractable cord models include the Durathon 19803 (1200-watt with no digital control), 19701 (1500-watt with no digital control) and 19804 (1700-watt with electronic control).
Should You Buy The Hamilton Beach Durathon 19901 Steam Iron?
- Digital control – Not many irons offer digital controls at an affordable price. The Black & Decker D2030 is one but it is a 1500-watt iron compared to the 1700-watt offered by the Durathon 19901. Digital control makes it easier to change the settings with no dial to fiddle with and accidentally bumped into with your knuckles, especially when the dial is located below the handle.
- Heavy weight – The unit is on the heavy side with the large base for cord storage. It weighs about 3.5 lbs, certainly not suitable for those who prefer a lightweight iron. But with the weight, it helps to remove wrinkles without you having to apply more pressure when ironing. The large heel also makes the unit well-balanced and more stable when sitting upright on the board. For a similar weight unit, you will probably need to look at the Rowenta DW5080 but that will cost you a bit more than a Durathon.
- Gets sufficiently hot – The 1700-watt of power means it heats up pretty quickly in about a minute and the soleplate is sufficiently hot to remove wrinkles on cotton and linen. The steam volume is also high for an iron that costs less than $50.
- Retractable cord not perfect – This is a common complaint about retractable cord models. Usually, the problem is that the cord doesn’t retract fully into the casing. You will need to pull it out again to get it to retract completely. If you want to get rid of the hassle of tangling with the cord completely, cordless is the way to go and the Panasonic NI-L70SR is a good option.
- Does not last long – There are very few complaints of leaks for the Durathon 19901, unlike the Rowenta DW2090 which is another retractable cord iron. Instead, the more common complaint is that the iron does not last. It simply quits working after a few months to 2 years of use. The buttons for the steam blast and spray mist could also fail to pop back up at times.
The Hamilton Beach Durathon digital iron is not one of the best steam irons out there. It will not be able to beat the upper-end Rowenta irons in terms of the slickness of the soleplate and steam output. But it wins in terms of price for a 1700-watt iron. For less than $50, there are very few irons with the same level of wattage. The T Fal FV4476 is one of them but 1200 to 1500-watt is the more common feature for irons that retail for less than $50.
Free Shipping For The Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron? Don’t Miss Out:
So, if you like a powerful iron with a retractable cord, the Durathon 19901 is an acceptable choice. The digital control is an added bonus to make this iron even more attractive price-wise.
Best Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
|Product Names||Product Images||Check Price|
#1 Hamilton Beach Steam Iron with 3-Way Auto Shutoff & Durathon Soleplate (19901)
#2 Hamilton Beach Steam Iron with Retractable Cord, 3-Way Auto Shutoff & Durathon Soleplate (19803)
#3 Hamilton Beach Steam Iron with 3-Way Auto Shutoff & Durathon Soleplate (19800)
#4 Hamilton Beach Steam Iron with Retractable Cord & Stainless Steel Soleplate (14881)
#5 Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron, Purple
#6 Hamilton Beach 1500 Watt Retractable Cord Steam Iron, Stainless Steel, 3-Way Auto Shut Off, Vertical Steamer for Hanging Clothes and Drapes, Grey (14290)
#7 Hamilton Beach Durathon Steam Iron, 3-Way Auto Shutoff, Purple
#8 Hamilton Beach Iron 2-in-1 Nonstick Iron & Garment Steamer (14525), Blue/Black
#9 Hamilton Beach Retractable Cord Iron (14882), Grey
#10 Hamilton Beach Commercial Lightweight Steam Iron with 3-Way Automatic Shutoff and Nonstick Soleplate (HIR200R), White and Blue
*Fondation-adn.org may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Our Promise to Readers
We keep receiving tons of questions of readers who are going to buy these stuffs, eg:
- What is the best Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r for 2019, for 2018 or even 2017 (old models)?
- What is the best Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r to buy?
- What is the best Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r to buy on the market?
- or even What is the best affordable (best budget, best cheap or even best expensive!!!) Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r?…
All of these above questions make you crazy whenever coming up with them. We know your feelings because we used to be in this weird situation when searching for these items.
Before deciding to buy any stuffs, make sure you research and read carefully the buying guide somewhere else from trusted sources. Good news, we use Big Data and AI to solve the issue. We use our own invented, special algorithms to generate lists of the best brands and give them our own Scores to rank from 1st to 10th.
You could see the Top 10 Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Retractable Cord Iron Model# 19902r of 2019 above. The lists of best items are updated regularly, so you can be sure that the information provided is up-to-date.
You may read more about us to know what we have achieved so far. Don’t hesitate to contact us if something’s wrong or mislead information.
Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron 19800 offers you full value for money with its awesome steam output and non-stick soleplate that is 10 times more durable and lasting than traditional nonstick. So definitely you definitely can’t go wrong with this iron by your side. If you’re looking for a long-lasting feature rich steam iron under $50 this is your best bet.
Hamilton Beach 19800 Steam Iron Review
This one simply outperforms decisively and also outlasts most irons available online or in the market. Its continuous steam ensures better wrinkle removal and superior glide performance. With its exceptional features, you will be able to finish most of your ironing projects with great superhuman speed. It allows you to have the stamina to stick with it ten times longer!
Like best steam iron Rowenta DW5080 or Reviews Hamilton Beach Iron 19701, it has auto-shutoff which is a good safety feature that will power it down when left idle for a short time. Its sole-plate is nonstick and comes with a unique Self-Clean feature. There is a light to indicate that your iron is up to the desired temperature.
Hamilton Beach Durathon Steam Iron Features
- The iron has 24 percent more continuous steam power than Rowenta IS6300 and other leading competitors
- Superior wrinkle removal
- Better glide
- Scratch-resistant durability
- More durable and easy to clean than traditional nonstick
- Has extra-long cord
- It comes with 10-year limited soleplate warranty
- Offers 3-way auto-shutoff
- 1500 watts
- Vertical steam
- Dimensions (inches) : 12.2 x 5.5 x 7.1
- Total Weight Of Hamilton Beach 19800 is about 2.5 pounds without any water in it
The cord is nice and long and weight of the iron helps with pressing and it glides smoothly along with the fabric and it won’t tip over easily. It uses minimal water quickly when steaming.
Vertical Steaming is Easy
You just need to hold up the iron and press its button repeatedly. You will get tons of steam but water reservoir will empty pretty fast.
Best Steam Iron Under $50 has Great Functionality
It’s functionally great with wonderful steam delivery, and due to its uniquely shaped base plate, it flattens wrinkles faster the first time around. It can easily handle the weekly ironing in short order.
Pros and Cons of Hamilton Beach Durathon Steam Iron
- Very affordable and great on a low budget
- Superior steam generation and smooth gliding will allow better wrinkle removal in an easy way
- Hots up faster
- Its shape tips let you easily get into nooks and crannies
- Power, consistency, and settings make it great for quilting (and similar hobbies).
- The fabric dial placement under the handle of iron is comfortable and is easy to see and read.
- As with other steam irons, you will get some pitting
- There is no on/off button on the iron. It will automatically turn on once you plug it
- It’s auto shut-off feature is good but unless iron is unplugged its red power light will stay on or may flash constantly even when it turned off. It’s definitely not a deal-breaker but is pretty annoying.
Tips To Ensure Long Life of your Steam Iron
These valuable tips have been summarized after reading hundreds of Hamilton Beach Retractable Cord Iron reviews and hold well for this model as well
- Never unplug it until you’ve turned down the steam to its minimum setting
- Once you’re finished, never face this iron face down; always face-up. This is also the way it should be stored
- When you’re storing it, remove all the water in it
- Keep water under the maximum mark, and don’t overflow it for the steam
- Self-cleaning should never be neglected. Clean it every 4 days and as described in the manual.
Hamilton Beach 19800 Steam Iron is a great choice if you’re interested in a long-lasting and safe budget option. If you’ve more money you can check Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Iron 19902 or read reviews Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron 19804. The better steam generation of this steam iron under $100 is a nice feature that ensures faster wrinkle removal and sets it apart from its others models within this price range from Hamilton beach.