- How to Make a Perfect Pot of Tea
- Benefits of Drinking Tea
- A Great Alternative to Coffee
- How to Make Tea Without a Kettle
- Uses of an Electric Kettle
- FAQs about Electric Kettle
- Last Few Words
- Tips to Use Electric Kettle For Making Tea
- 3 Best Electric Kettles with Variable Temperature Controls
- Which One?
- utiliTEA kettle
- Gourmia Kettle Green
How to Make a Perfect Pot of Tea
Making tea is easy!
For Black Tea
- Heat water in a kettle on the stove or use an electric kettle. Bring just to a boil. Do not let the water to continue to boil as it will boil off the oxygen and make the tea taste flat. (Microwaving water is not recommended but it will work in a pinch.)
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of loose tea (for a cup) or 1 heaping tablespoon (for a 6 cup pot) into a tea sock, strainer or infuser. Be careful not to overpack the strainer with tea. The leaves need to expand in order to release their flavor. Pour boiling water over leaves.
- Steep for about 4 minutes and remove tea leaves. Do not let tea oversteep as it will make the tea taste bitter.
- Stir and enjoy!
For Oolong Tea
This depends on the oolong, if it’s a greener oolong, such as a Ti Kwan Yin or Milk Oolong then use 180 ° water and steep for about 3 minutes. If it’s a darker oolong such as a Wuyi or Da Hong Pao, then use 205 ° and steep it for 4 minutes. Oolong teas are better when infused 2-3 times. Experiment and decide which steeping you like the best.
For Green Tea
Use cooler water about 180°F and steep for 3 minutes. If the water is too hot, it will “cook” the leaves and make the tea taste bitter.
For White Tea
There are many opinions on how to steep white tea. We brew ours for 5 minutes and use 180°F water. I say, experiment and see which way you like it best.
For Herbal and Tisanes
These are not true teas but are infused like tea. Use boiling water and steep 7-9 minutes.
If you would like to enjoy a good cup of tea but don’t have a kettle or teapot, don’t worry. There are many other ways on how to make tea without a kettle.
The essentials of making a good tea, however, will always be the same- hot water and your tea bag. If you don’t have a tea bag, there are other forms of tea like loose leaves.
Now, if you are thinking of purchasing a kettle, you can go for an electric kettle or a tea kettle for gas stove. In case you like drinking coffee from time to time, you can also consider investing in the best coffeemaker.
Benefits of Drinking Tea
Before we share with you our tips on how you can make tea without a kettle, let us share with you the benefits of drinking tea first.
There are different types of tea and each of them offers several different health benefits. Below is a quick overview:
A lot of people love green tea. It tastes great and people use it for different kinds of food. There is even green tea ice cream. Green tea is made with steamed tea leaves. It has antioxidants that may prevent the growth of cancer in the bladder, breasts, lungs, stomach, and pancreas. It also prevents clogging of the arteries. Green tea burns fats and counteracts oxidative stress in the brain, reducing the risks of neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases. Green tea also lowers the risks of stroke and helps improve cholesterol levels.
Black tea is made with fermented tea leaves. Despite its high caffeine content, it can protect the lungs from damage due to exposure to cigarette smoke. It can also reduce the risk of stroke.
White tea is uncured and unfermented. Studies have shown that it has more potent anti-cancer properties compared to other processed teas.
There have been studies in animals where those who were given antioxidants from oolong turned out to have lower cholesterol levels. Wuyi, a variety of Oolong, is out in the market as a weight supplement although there is no scientific evidence for it.
A Great Alternative to Coffee
If you love drinking coffee but has been advised to refrain or limit your coffee intake, then you’ll find tea a better alternative. It has a lot of health benefits without exposing you to really high levels of caffeine. Despite that, it may still bring the same effect.
How to Make Tea Without a Kettle
Now that you know how much more you can benefit from teas, let us look at how you can make tea without a kettle.
Boil the water
The first thing you need for a good cup of tea is hot water. It shouldn’t just be warm so you need to boil your water. , but hot water so you need a way to boil it. If you don’t have a kettle or a teapot, any type of pot you have in the kitchen will do.
If you have a coffee maker, you can use it by brewing a batch without coffee grounds. Just put some water in your water reservoir, turn on the brew, and use the water in your carafe. If all else fails, you can always use the hot water from your tap.
Pre-heat your cup
This is an optional step but it will help keep your drink hot for a longer time. Before preparing your tea, pour some hot water in your cup. Let the water stand in your cup until it is warm. Then, throw out the water and proceed to the next step.
Place your tea bag
Place your tea bag in the bottom of your cup or mug. You use one cup of water per one tea bag. Make sure that your tea bag is fresh and has not gone stale.
Add hot water
Now, you’re ready for the final step. Pour the hot water over the cup with the teabag. For fermented teas like black tea, you should use hotter water and a little less hot when making white and green teas.
Cover your cup for it to retain the warmth. Depending on what type of tea you used, it may require different lengths of time to let the tea steep. Whole leaf tea steeps longer than broken leaf tea. In general, you should steep for one to two minutes. Taste it to know if it’s flavorful. For normal brewing, steeping takes longer. For green tea, it typically takes 2 to 3 minutes. Black tea requires 3 to 5 minutes and oolong tea takes 4 to 7 minutes.
Serve with sugar or milk
Depending on how you like your tea, you could add some sugar or sweetener and milk if you prefer. You could also add lemon or honey instead of sugar.
You can now enjoy your warm cup of perfectly brewed tea.
A handy appliance that many people swear by is an electric kettle. Surprisingly, an electric kettle is not just helpful for boiling water. The compact and handy appliance can be of great help in preparing a lot of other snacks and beverages within minutes. Whether you are an avid coffee lover or a hosteller in love with light night noodles, KENT Electric Kettles are your perfect companion. In this blog, we discuss 5 innovative ways in which you can use an electric kettle for different purposes. Read on.
Uses of an Electric Kettle
Brew a Perfect Cup of Tea
If you are a tea lover, you don’t need to go to the kitchen every time you crave for a cup of tea. Whether you prefer green tea or a perfectly boiled cup of Masala chai, you can prepare it in a jiffy with the electric kettle. Electric kettles boil water at nearly twice the speed of the stovetop, thereby saving time in busy mornings.
Hot Soup on a Rainy Evening
A piping hot bowl of soup is the perfect companion on a rainy evening. However, you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare your favorite soup. All you need to do is chop the vegetables into small pieces and add them in the electric kettle with the right amount of water. Hot and delicious soup will be ready within minutes. You can also use instant soup powder in the kettle with the right amount of water.
Instant Noodles for Late Night Cravings
Instant noodles are the lifeline of hostellers. Thanks to the electric kettle from KENT, you don’t need to order food from outside to satisfy your late night craving. The best part is you don’t need to wait for a long time to enjoy your bowl of noodles. The electric kettle boils water in minutes which you can add to your cup noodles and enjoy your favorite instant noodles.
Instant Oatmeal for Busy Mornings
Another snack that can satisfy your hunger pangs is instant oatmeal. Whether you need to prepare a quick breakfast or light dinner, instant oatmeal is the right option for you. With the help of an electric kettle, you can make oatmeal in minutes. All you need to do is boil water in an electric kettle and add the water to the bowl of oatmeal. Your delicious snack is ready.
Brew a Cup of Great Coffee
If you are a coffee addict, an electric kettle is a must-have appliance for you. Brewing a cup of coffee whenever you want is not as difficult as you think. All you need to do is boil water in the kettle and add coffee powder when the water is ready. Your perfect cup of coffee will be ready in minutes.
FAQs about Electric Kettle
What is an electric kettle used for?
Running to the kitchen to boil only a glass of water or making a cup of tea feels like a hassle. However, with the help of an electric kettle, you can easily boil water or make a cup of tea with the help of an electric kettle. Not just making tea or coffee, an electric kettle can also be used for making some simple snacks such as noodles. The appliance has a heating element or the coil at the bottom of the container ensures that quick boiling.
How Long Does an Electric Kettle Take to Boil?
When you boil water on a stove, the heat escapes, which is why it takes longer to boil water. However, an enclosed electric kettle stops heat from escaping and also allows pressure to rise faster, thereby boiling water in minutes. The reason is when the bottom of the appliance gets a continuous supply of heat it takes less time to boil water. A powerful electric kettle takes approximately 2-3 minutes to boil water.
Does an Electric Kettle Make Too Much Noise?
Most of the modern electric kettles make minimum noise. So, if you are a person who loves a cup of tea early in the morning, an electric kettle is the right appliance for you. You can make a hot cup of tea without going into the kitchen or disturbing anyone.
What is the ideal size of an electric kettle?
Electric kettles come in different sizes. When buying an electric kettle, you need to check the family size or the number of people who will use the appliance. For instance, a 1-liter kettle can serve 2 people. So, if you need it for more people, opt for a kettle that is 1.2-1.5 liter.
Last Few Words
Those were some of the innovative ways you can use an electric kettle. Even if you travel a lot, you can easily take the electric kettle with you to prepare tea, coffee or any other instant beverages or snacks that you like.
With advancements in technology, there are many appliances that are available in the market. Out of them, an electric kettle is increasing in its popularity as using an best electric kettle is convenient, faster, safer and perfect than a traditional stovetop kettle. A traditional stovetop kettle needs you to monitor the kettle until it is done. With just a switch, you can turn on the electric kettle and boil your water without monitoring it. Some of them even have the auto-off option once the boiling is done. With this facility, an electric kettle is very handy.
Tips to Use Electric Kettle For Making Tea
There are many varieties that are being released in the market including cordless type, and with multipurpose use option. We can boil water, make tea, coffee, or even noodles with a modern electric kettle. In this article, let us see how to use the electric kettle to make tea. There are a lot of many varieties of tea that people prefer to drink. Regular milk tea, Assam tea, green tea, black tea and many more.
- You need to first boil water in the electric kettle.
- Meanwhile, prepare a pot with tea leaves of your choice in it. Use more tea leaves if you need a stronger version of the tea.
- After boiling the water in the electric kettle for the required time, pour the hot boiling water in the pot of tea leaves.
- You need to steep the tea for about 1 to 5 minutes depending on the type of tea that you are using.
- Once you are done with steeping, slowly add milk to this tea. This milk should be added gradually and make sure to stir the mixture after every addition. Do not add the milk at one go. It will make the tea water.
- If you are using original tea leaves, then strain the tea through a strainer into a cup. Now add a sweetener of your choice. You can use sugar or honey-based on your preference.
- For making tea which doesn’t require milk like green tea, oolong tea or any other tea, first boil the water in an electric kettle.
- Prepare a pot with tea leaves or a teabag of your preferred flavour.
- Now, once the water gets boiled to the required level, pour the boiling water into the pot.
- Cover the pot with the lid and let it steep for some time. Black tea requires steeping for about 2 minutes, Green tea requires less time maybe a minute, Oolong tea and herbal tea can steep for a longer time.
- Once this is done, strain your tea into a teacup and enjoy your tea.
- You can add a sweetener of your choice if you wish. Honey or sugar is perfect for tea.
For brewing a perfect tea, you need to add the right amount of tea leaves, sweetener, boiling water and milk. If the water is not boiled properly you won’t get proper tea. So, an electric kettle can boil your water to the required temperature so that you can enjoy your tea in the mornings as well as evenings.
Are you run by tea or coffee all day? Are you run by the busy schedule from day to night? Not enough time to make the bucket of tea or coffee? Oh! Don’t worry- stay a few minutes on this article, all your tension will have vanished within a few minutes.This article will not only describe you about the Electric Kettle but will also show you the 10 surprising uses of it.
An Electric Kettle or simply electric tea kettle is a household appliance that is widely used hot water for drinking or cooking. The heating element or the coil at the bottom of the container helps for quick heating. It heats water within a minute than any type of conventional kettle used for making tea. This is perfectly safe in use in the kitchen or in small areas where cooking space is very limited.
A good electric kettle is not only used for boiling water, but this handy appliance is also equally helpful for preparing snacks & beverages within a few minutes. 10 surprising uses of an electric kettle is here-
1. Brew a Perfect Cup of Tea: If tea mads you every time,you do not need to rush to the kitchen to have a cup of tea every time. Whether you are a green tea lover or Masala Chai, you can prepare it within a minute with an electric kettle. An electric kettle works at double speed than that of a stovetop and thus saves your time.
2. Baby Bottle Water or Bottle Warming: Increase of just one degree of high temperature in your kid’s bottle water may bring a tear in his eyes. Electric kettle in such a situation is a great option for you. An electric kettle has a feature and setting to adjust the temperature as per your need. You don’t need to check or double-check how hot is the water.
In the middle of the night when you are in deep sleep but need warm water for your baby, an electric kettle shows an excellent result. Within a second you can get hot water with the help of an electric kettle.
3. Hot Soup on a Rainy Evening: What will be your feelings if you are pleased with a hot bowl of soup on a rainy evening?Certainly, your feeling will be excellent. An electric kettle will be the best choice in such a season. Chop vegetables into small pieces, pour them into the electric kettle and add the proper amount of water. Within a minute the hot & delicious soup will be ready.
4. French Press Coffee: If you are eager to take ‘French Press Coffee’, you can use an electric kettle for this purpose too. This ‘French Press Coffee’ has better taste than that of the instant stuff. If you stop trying ‘French press coffee’ for extra time, use of your electric kettle can be an added pressure to get you started on your own. The process will speed up if you use an electric kettle and make your morning ‘pick-me-up’ almost effortless but luxurious.
5. Instant Noodles for Late Night Cravings: Instant noodles may be the lifeline to any innkeeper. An electric kettle may serve the best to the hostellers. Don’t order any dinnerfrom outside, don’t wait a long period of time just for a rummer of noodles. Take an electric kettle, put the proper amount of water, wait for a minute, boil water will be ready within a minute, now add noodles into that boiled water-your noodles are ready to serve.
6. Instant Oatmeal: You can make instant oatmeal within 5 minutes with your electric kettle if you are ever late in the morning or if you have a busy morning. Just boil the water and then add some instant oatmeal. That’s enough! Your instant oatmeal is ready to use. Just take your oatmeal and enjoy.
7. Hot Chocolate: Do you have any passion for hot chocolate? An electric kettle is the most common use for making this hot chocolate. If it is a bitter winter night or if you want something new in any cold and enjoyable night, you can prepare your delicious hot chocolate just by heating some water in the electric kettle. When the hot chocolate is ready to use, you can enjoy your sweet night by taking it.
8. Hot spa treatments: An electric kettle is not only used for making delicious food, but it is also equally used in beauty treatment. You can equally use it for a spa treatment at home or in the beauty parlor. Make an excellent foot soak or stream face. Always maintain a perfect temperature to avoid any burning from water. Use the hot water for the spa and get better relax all the time.
9. Boiled egg: For healthy breakfast,boiled egg is a good option. You may choose two option to boil eggs- either choose any gas stove or an electric kettle. An electric kettle boils eggs in a quick way by reducing cooking time. Boiling in an electric kettle is hassle-free. If you have not used any electric kettle till date, try once and feel satisfaction. Compare cooking time and compare the cooking time.
10. Boil milk, rice, and potatoes: If you want instant boiled milk for your baby, an electric kettle is the best option. The traditional gas stove needs a constant watch, but this not the case for an electric kettle. With the help of an electric kettle, you can serve milk to your baby, before he/she starts crying.
If any guest comes to your house without informing you and if you try to prepare some food as a lunch, an electric kettle may handle your such uneasy situation by boiling rice and potatoes instantly.
This is the 10 innovative ways to utilize an electric kettle to achieve extra benefits by using it. This is no doubt a compact & handy appliance that will offer you maximum benefits in your day-to-day living. So, if you don’t use this great appliance, you are making a great mistake by wasting your valuable time.
Electric kettles are such a useful kitchen appliance today and lot of innovative features have been developed and integrated into them over the years. One of the most favored features of an electric kettle is temperature control because these types of kettles come with certain distinct advantages.
Which means that if you are looking to bring an electric kettle into your kitchen, then it probably makes sense to get one which has temperature control settings. Of course, temperature control is only one such feature to consider. When it comes to kettles you have a whole lot of other things to consider. Don’t worry, though. I’ll do my best not to confuse you and to help you make the best decision possible.
To make it easier on you, I’ve done the hard work of researching dozens of electric kettles with variable temperature options and here I present them to you for your consideration.
I truly hope the following list helps you out 🙂
3 Best Electric Kettles with Variable Temperature Controls
Breville BKE820XL Variable Temperature Kettle
Capacity: 1.8 Liters | Price: Check it
When accurate temperature matters, the Breville Variable Temperature Kettle is set to take care of all of your water-boiling needs. With five preset settings, it’s good for making a number of different teas. This 1500-Watt electric kettle’s five automatic brewing temperatures do a really good job of crafting a nice green tea, a white tea, and even an oolong tea. It can boil water at 175°F, 185°F, 195°F, 200°F and 212°F.
Designed with a trendy brushed, stainless-steel multi-directional base and jug, the Breville’s kettle is perfect for both left and right-handed users and features water-level indicators with blue backlighting. The kettle holds its temperature for up to 20 minutes.
- It sports five programmed brewing temperatures.
- Its smooth stainless-steel construction makes it a classy addition to your collection of tea and coffee appliances.
- Can hold the desired temperature for up to 20 minutes.
- It’s rather expensive.
- There is no beep feature at the end of a heating cycle.
- BPA (bisphenol A) is present.
Check Users’ Reviews, Rating and Price of Breville Variable Temperature Electric Kettle here
Adagio Teas utiliTEA Variable Temperature Electric Kettle
Capacity: 30 Ounces | Price: Check it
Green tea fans no longer have to struggle to attain the optimal water temperatures. That’s because this device has a groundbreaking temperature control system, that can heat water to the temperature of your liking- 180-Degrees Fahrenheit for green, light colored oolong teas, dark oolongs, and herbal teas. At last, a great kettle for heating water for a perfect pot of tea. In my opinion, this sturdy stainless steel kettle is a must-have for green tea lovers.
- It features a striking stainless steel design that can easily blend in with other kitchen appliances.
- It can heat up water from 160 degrees Fahrenheit (for subtle green teas) to 212 degrees Fahrenheit for a regular boil.
- It’s quick. It takes just about 1.5 minutes to reach a minimum water temperature of 160 degrees and merely 3.5 minutes to reach the highest water temperature (30 ounces) of a regular boil.
- It has a detachable base that rotates 360 degrees, a water level window, and light that alerts you when it is on.
- For safety, it shuts off before boiling dry.
- It holds less water than Breville’s variable temperature kettle.
- It is not as stylish or durable as Breville’s tea kettles.
- The temperature dial is fixed to tea types.
Check Users’ Reviews, Rating and Price of Adagio Electric Kettle here
Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Variable Temperature Kettle
Capacity: 1 2/3 Liters | Price: Check it
This kettle heats tea to its optimum temperature while helping the tea retain its aroma and richness. The PerfecTemp Cordless Kettle has six preset temperatures for making some of the most popular teas and since it’s 1500 watts, it has a fast heat-up function that preserves your chosen temperature for 30 minutes.
- This kettle consists of several features which include auto shutoff and a water level indicator.
- It has a sleep mode.
- The interior is stainless steel instead of plastic.
- The kettle has nice controls, a sturdy base and is visually appealing.
- It is easy to use and heats water up fairly quickly.
- This kettle is easy to clean.
- Writing on the buttons can wear off over time.
Check Cuisinart Variable Temperature Kettle Users’ Reviews, Rating and Price HERE
Overall, all 3 of them are fairly decent. The Cuisinart kettle has a 6 preset temperature structure, the Breville Kettle has 5 presents and the Adagio Teas utiliTEA variable temperature Kettle does not have any specific preset temperatures (but it does have variable temperature settings). The Breville also have what I consider to be some really nice premium features.
Press “lid open” button and fill kettle with water. Be careful to not exceed the “max” marker. Set kettle on base, plug into outlet, and turn the switch on. It will illuminate indicating activity. Set the temperature dial to maximum position to produce boiling water for black tea. To make green tea, set the dial within the green range of color. Place at the beginning of the green range for the delicate Japanese teas and further along the range for the heartier Chinese teas. Ideal water temperature being subjective, let your taste buds guide you in selecting an optimal setting.
Unplug the power cord and permit kettle to cool before cleaning it. Wipe outside with a soft damp cloth. Rinse inside with clean water. After extensive use, scale may build up inside. To remove, fill the kettle with vinegar and let soak overnight. Dispose of vinegar in the morning, fill with water and bring to boil. Pour water out and rinse thoroughly
Children are often unaware of the danger posed by electrical appliances. To protect children, please keep this kettle and other appliances out of their reach. For indoor use only. To prevent fire, electrical shock or personal injury, please observe these precautions:
- Do not heat any liquid other than water
- Do not immerse power cord, plug or base unit in water
- Do not operate if electrical components are wet
- Do not operate with damaged power cord or plug
- Do not disassemble the kettle or base unit
Gourmia Kettle Green
With Gourmia?s Electric Kettle you can enjoy the best tasting tea you can imagine brewed at just the right temperature to suit the whatever type of tea you?re making for a truly customized tea drinking experience that guarantees the perfect cup every time!
About This Product:
? Modern Stylish Design
? Comes In Red or Light Green
? LED Blue Light
? Digital Display
? 360? Power Base
? Capacity 60oz / 1.8L
? Large Rear Water Gauge For Right Or Left Hand Use
? Automatic Shut Off
? Lift Off Polished Steel Lid
? Removable Washable Limescale Filter
? High Polished Steel Body And Lid
? Cord Storage
? Power: 110-120v 60hz 1500w
? ETL Listed
This sleek & stylish tea kettle incorporates all of the features of a digital tea kettle with the charm of a classic tea kettle shape and design. This ingenious appliance boils your water quickly, and has a neat blue LED indicator. The programmable temperatures let you boil water at just the right temperature to suit just about any type of tea you’re brewing from green tea to oolong!
The swivel base makes this tea kettle easy to maneuver. The automatic cut off ensures your safety and that your tea comes out at just the right temperature. In addition, this kettle is incredibly easy to clean and store. It doesn?t get any better than this! For your convenience, we have included an instructional manual that will get you started in no time
Gourmia?s mission is to make everyday cooking easy, healthy and delicious. Our products deliver a higher standard of innovation, performance, and value. Our founders are experts in the world of small appliances and are passionate about providing our customers with dependable, easy to use tools that will make life in the kitchen fun and easy. Gourmia GK270G Electric Kettle – Modern Stylish Design Stainless Steel Quick Boiling Hot Water Kettle with Clear Window, 360 Base & Auto Shut Off, Green – 2 Quarts